[blparent] Planning a birthday party

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Jan 30 16:13:27 UTC 2013

        I don't like the advice to invite the number of kids that the birthday child is turning.  The number gets bigger and bigger for one thing.  Also, many schools want you to invite the whole class so nobody feels excluded.
If you do want to limit numbers you want to invite all the boys, or all the girls, or everybody who has seen your kid eat a bug, something like that.
Kids' friendships change like the weather and you don't want to get into the business of "She's friends with Susie this week but not Billy so we won't invite Billy".

As for having parents drop off their kids, you can do that. Know though that I'd not accept an invite to a parent's home that I didn't know and one who had made no effort to get to know me. You can always tell parents they don't have to stay but are welcome to if they or their child would like.  That way they know they can leave but aren't being forced to leave.

You've got many options here.