[blparent] update on our lives.

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Thu Jan 31 15:51:58 UTC 2013

I'm not sure she ever mentioned in her message that she found her son's
body to be disgusting. While you raise some good points about the
babysitter and about the child's boundaries, I reread the message
Shannan sent and she said she couldnt' stand changing her son, not that
she was disgusted by him. There's room for interpretation in that
statement. It doesn't automatically convey outright disgust.
Besides, isn't it healthy and encouraged for parents to express
themselves if they have to? She's in a difficult situation, that's for
sure. So any feelings she might be going through are natural in this
case...Why jump to conclusions and make a parent who's in a precarious
place feel terrible about herself. Moms struggle sometimes; We're all human.
But Shannon, Rebecca brings up a good point in saying that perhaps you
should try learning more blind-friendly techniques in changing diapers
if you're not already doing so. That might make it easier in changing a
child that big.
Best of luck to you, and keep us updated.
Bernadetta