[blparent] Finding ticks on kids nonvisually?

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Jul 9 19:34:47 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

Our son, Austin, is at a nature day camp this week. He is having tons of
fun, but this morning he told me that his counselors told him to have his
parents check him for ticks each night when he comes home. This makes sense
to me, but I admit this is something I have never done before. Is there a
way to check nonvisually for a tick on your child?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Melissa

P.S. We certainly have sighted friends/neighbors who can help with this, but
I was curious if this is something Mark and I could do ourselves.