[blparent] update.

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Thu Jul 11 22:05:51 UTC 2013

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Shannan
Zinck
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:08 PM
To: blparent at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blparent] update.

Well I finally got my prosthetic yesterday and I've been getting tons of
comments on how real it looks. Some have even asked which eye is the real
one. pretty cool. Too funny, when I asked Myles if he was excited for mamma
to get her new eye his response was "No, I like the pink one." meaning my
conformer in front of my implant. What a guy.
On an up note about potty training, he is starting to talk about it a lot
and tells us he wants to keep a dry pullup all day. hasn't yet but, we found
a way to get him on the toilet that he loves. One of us will tell him we are
going to get there first and the race is on. Works every time in getting him
there. He is sooo competitive. LOL I'm just glad we finally found something
that at least gets him trying. It's still hit and miss though so I'm
thinking he is not able to hold himself well at all yet.
Could be the delay from the drugs he suffered in the womb. He sure tries I
know that. I think he gets discouraged sometimes and gives up too easy but,
this time he's sticking with it. the races helped a lot. That was my hubby's
inspiration. All in all things are looking up. Now I'm able to start
traveling again so planning a trip to Cape Breton very soon. Can't wait.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!