[blparent] Thanks for advice regarding finding ticks!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Fri Jul 12 18:17:40 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

Thank you all so much for your advice regarding finding ticks on kids. This
was something I have never needed to do, so I had no idea whether it could
be done visually or not. I'm so glad to learn that it can be done, and my
husband and I have been happily using our new knowledge to check Austin over
every evening for ticks. Although I had sighted friends available to help,
it's great to know we actually don't need to count on them in this instance.
Now we know what to feel for ourselves, and, best of all, we can pass this
knowledge along to any other parents-blind or sighted-who might need it in
the future.

This is my favorite part about this list! I love it when I learn something
is possible I wasn't sure would be.

Thanks,

Melissa