[blparent] Grocery shopping.

Brandy W., with Discovery Toys ballstobooks at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 01:07:19 UTC 2013

I have shopped many different ways over the years. Most often I've gone with
a friend. I go when they are already going, and we do our shopping together.
I'm lucky in that my closest friends also eat like me so they have the same
interests in the things on sale. I also go with different people so the same
person isn't always the one taking me. When I lived in the city I would
often take the bus to the store and a cab home, or go with a friend. I now
live in a small town, and can walk 3 blocks to the only store in town but it
is smaller and more expensive so catching a ride with a friend into the
larger store is usually my preferred way. I do often shop for some things on
line, but mainly because I can find good deals on things I'd by fairly large
amounts of anyway. I have used pea pod and other grocery delivery services,
but unless you know how to bargain shop and use coupons you are going to pay
a pretty penny.

Some tips for people who can't walk, bus, cab, or go with friends. Meals on
wheels will provide volunteer shoppers for blind people. They will pick you
up, and take you to the store. Some will even go and take your list and shop
for you.

Bran