[blparent] ipad mini and kids

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 01:35:49 UTC 2013

Curious what everyone thinks about the ipad mini. I've looked at so many
tablets lately my head hurts. I had originally thought of getting a cheaper
android based tab for my son but, in Canada some of the apps are
restricted. with the ipad there are no such restrictions. My son REALLY
wants an ipad. We have 2 autistic kids at our church and they both have one
and all the kids are around them constantly. I wouldn't even bother with
this one except I see benefit to him having a tab. He NEVER does things
like puzzles, or problem solving activities. However when he uses someone's
smart phone or ipad he is pro at them. I even watched him do a few puzzles
on a phone the other day. It was inspiring. The ipad is certainly more
pricey but, if I compare that to the cost of cartridges for a kid tab like
innotab or leappad i wonder how much more it really would be. Selection is
huge as well as I know apple has a lot to offer in apps. I can see well
enough to operate one. We certainly can't afford one unless we start saving
now and buy at Christmas. LOL Anyway wondering about this thought. Also
keep in mind we are homeschooling so educationally it may help things along
as well. At least I think it would. I just don't know about spending so
much on a small device like that. It seems weird. I spent way less on his
full set of drums.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!