[blparent] Update

Bernadetta bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Thu Mar 14 12:51:31 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
I'm extatic to hear that Declan is doing so well!
That's great that you have reliable milk donors; I have to agree with
you that nursing really is the best optin if it's possible. Breast milk
does make a difference, despite what many skeptics may feel about
formula being just as good.
I loved the video! Even The music score was very neat. You guys really
presented yourselves very well and the editing job was just right, in
my oppinion. I can tell from the clip with the scale that you guys use
the same one we've been using. While Listening to you talk about your
experiences with childbirth and caring for  Declan as a visually
impaired parents, I was able to relate to you in almost every way
except for the Diabetes. Ross made a very good point when he said that
most parents interact with their children on a nonvisual level withotu
even realizing it a lot of the time. I've been using that explanation
ever since my son was born, and everyone I've brought that up with
seems baffled.  I can't understand why it's such a shock for most
people to realize that they dont' rely upon their vision as much as
they think they do when, for instance, bathing a child, feeding him or
playing with him. I also happen to think that the most challenging
aspect of being a blind parent is organizing the baby's clothes.
(grins). That's been a real pain for me as well.
Anyway, enjoy declan while he's a baby now, because time really does
fly by. Gabriel just turned one last month, and I find myself pining
for his babyhood as he grows out of it, seemingly by the minute.
I hope Declan continues to be a happy and healthy little boy, and I
wish you all the best of happiness and luck. Keep us posted more often.
We love to hear your updates.

Bernadetta