[blparent] Parents with Septo-Optic Dysplasia

stacy.cervenka at att.blackberry.net stacy.cervenka at att.blackberry.net
Thu Mar 14 22:46:52 UTC 2013

Hi, everyone,

My name is Stacy Cervenka; my husband Greg and I are expecting our first child in September.

I was wondering if there are any parents on this list who have septo-optic dysplasia. People with septic-optic dysplasia generally have some additional health concerns besides blindness (which, in people with SOD, is due to optic nerve hypoplasia). For example, I am missing my septum pallucidum, have enlarged ventricles in my brain,  and have some issues with my pituitary gland. I have been having some unexpected complications with my pregnancy and would like to compare experiences with other women with SOD.

Thank you and I look forward to learning more from this group as we get closer to the big day!
Stacy Cervenka

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T