[blparent] Blind parents traveling with kids

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Sun Mar 31 01:25:21 UTC 2013

Hi your right until you ha

Ve a child it's hard to explain how do accomplish those thiSheila Leiglandngs that need to be done. We found it very important to teach Mark at a very young age to answer or come when called. We considered that rule unbreakable. At first we used one of those wrist to wrist devices but he quickly learned how to undo the velcro. We did use a child leash from time to time. My mother asked how we got him to sit in a grocery cart but we didn't give him the option of not doing it. Until he was old enough to understand traffic his safety dictated the choices that we made. Once he ran out in front of my mother in to a parking lot and she was upset because she couldn't figure out how we took him anywhere. We told her that not holding hands wasn't an option. He was probablly four at the time.