[blparent] While strangers cross a line

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Mon May 6 22:47:27 UTC 2013

Well the good news is the mom of the instigator apologized to me last night
after a post I put on facebook about my pastors sermon yesterday. We hashed
it out and agreed that boys can be a bit nuts at that age sometimes and
since these 3 are exceptionally high strung. We are both considering
keeping a tighter reign during church at least so the boys are not off
doing their own thing all the time and so they can be protected and treated
a bit more fairly. Our church is unusual by typical church standards and
the kids are permitted to run around, and tend get themselves into doo doo
a fair bit, not overly well supervised and really all of us moms are at
fault here because it's a small building we just keep an eye from afar and
sometimes get a bit distracted ourselves and even that mom has noticed that
Myles is usually the one getting the brunt of tattle tales and whiny girls.
His mom didn't notice him being rough with the girl and really since I saw
it I should have said something. We all know each other and speak to each
others kids often. anyway when he came to me and told me what Myles did I
just about busted out laughing in his face. Looking back that was kind of
funny. as for last night I don't know if that will ever be resolved. We
didn't see her today and yes it likely was a previous tenant she was
grumbling about. Admittedly I really dislike being compared to others based
on 1 incident. I'm feeling much better today but, my guard is up regarding
her. Her mom is the one living there not her so I'm hoping she's not there
all the time. not sure though as we are new here. We live in a quad
apartment building 2 on bottom where we are and 2 on top. She's above us
which sucks because Myles has drums and we've already got the classic
banging on the floor over that one but, I'm not too worried about it since
he never plays after 7pm and never before 9am. legal and he only plays for
like 10 or 15 minutes a day. If I can figure out a way to muffle the sound
I will but, I'm not going to stop him, he has to practice sometime and he's
got a decent feel for it for his age. Our yard consists of a small lawn and
he rides his bike in the parking lot we have which is quite big because the
is an identical building in the same lot. I don't know he seemed subdued
today and didn't ride much. nervous I think. He really doesn't deal well
with getting yelled at. I took him for a walk to meet dad at work instead,
he thought that was great and we may have figured out how to help him potty
train now as well. a timer, he is bent on knowing how long a task will take
so we set it for potty time then set it for how long he needs to sit.
Waiting for the beep seems to be easier for him. Today was the first day in
months that he went to the toilet every time I asked him to and stayed on
the toilet and only used 1 pullup. No fuss and he was willing to do so. Got
to do preschool for the first time in months as well and he was pumped for
that. I homeschool and was too sick before I got my eye removed to do it so
he fell behind. We're going to teach him through the summer so he'll be
ready for Sept to start primary work. Also I found out today that the after
school program at a church near by is affordable for us and they believe
what we do so he can go and make new friends that way. It's 3 days a week
so he gets social time as well. It was a good day today and a good sleep
helped to calm my nerves and the chat with the other boys mom went a long
way as well. Funny it seems crazy things happen on the brink of a victory.
If I would have stayed upset and frustrated I may have missed the blessings
that today has brought. Each day is a new day and I'm thankful for that.

--
Shannan Zinck
Survival is letting GOD take over!!!