[blparent] Introduction

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Nov 7 16:41:42 UTC 2013

There was no way I could fit a changing table into an already overcrowded
home, so I opted for a portable changing pad which I placed on a counter.
It was also a lot less expensive than a piece of furniture, and it held up
well.  It was a shower gift that I registered for, so I don't remember
exactly how much it cost, but I think it was around twenty dollars for the
thick foam pad with a vinyl waterproof cover and another ten or twelve
dollars for each of two soft cloth removable, machine-washable covers that
went on over the vinyl one.  Best investment ever.  I used that thing all
through the diaper years, and if I ever got pregnant again, which doesn't
seem to be in the cards unfortunately, I'd buy another one first thing.  I
got it at BabiesrUs, but I know it's also available at Target and other
places.  Oh, also, don't overlook the thrift stores when you shop.   I found
a lot of perfectly good, nearly new baby gear there, especially big ticket
items like playpens and high chairs.  Babies grow out of that stuff so fast
and parents give it away while it's still almost new, and you can get some
real bargains!

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.