[blparent] Water world nightmare

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 03:35:33 UTC 2013

Here's our family's funny series of events for the weekend. On Thanks
giving I am truly greatful for amazing friends my son's nanny and for the
fact that God chose not to make me a fish.
We awoke as usual Saturday morning Oct. 12 2013. Around an hour later I
began smelling this horrible stench. Of course my first thought was Myles
must have pooped as he is still not pooping in the toilet yet. He
emphatically denied this and naturally John and I started looking around.
Well the offensive oder was coming from our son's room. John bravely
checked around and much to our disgust there was a very very rotten
pumpkin  on his desk. Not a tiny one but, a massive pumpkin equipped with
stale water and very rotten flowers.  I couldn't handle it and Myles ran
out of the room when he saw what happened. Last weekend he got the thing
from a wedding he attended and put it on display on his desk. I intended to
let him do so for a day or so but it slipped my mind. Well poor John spent
over 2 hours scooping slime and seeds off his floor. He mopped 4 times with
the strongest stuff we could conceive to make and a day later its still
fading. The guts and water went everyehere. Sooo gross.
Then a couple hours later our washer decides to stop draining. So another
water adventure. We started at 6 in the evening with the washer. After much
water all over the floor from removing rhe boot twice it still didn't work.
We went through every towel we had and could have used more. We gave up on
the washer at about midnight. Then john decided we couldn't leave the
clothes all night so washed them by hand in the bathtub. So at 1:30 am he
was outside hanging out clothes. There is where they still sit. Well in the
middle of all this we had a full turkey dinner to prepare. Also we needed
to somehow get up for church this morning. We had Myles' grandma over for
the weekend and were having company for dinner this aft. Nanny took Myles
for a few hours yesterday to give us a much needed break from the wrath of
his boredom. Not that dealing with our water world nightmare was really a
break.after church a great handyman friend came and found the clog for me
so yesterday water world night mare, today thanks giving dance of
conquering victory. So again my favorite phrase rings true "This too shall
pass"