[blparent] so how's school

Veronica Smith madison_tewe at spinn.net
Tue Sep 10 20:56:02 UTC 2013

Why?  I guess I'm different, I'm always ready to teach them and if they
don't learn about it from competent blind peeps, they will always go on
believing that blindness is a scarey place and they will always believe
those who don't have a clue of what we are or what we cann do.
I have more to offer and I have been there for many years.  Once I helped
them over the hurdle of being afraid of loosing their sight ad what a
horrible place it is, they forgot and we went on.

Of course, on the other hand, if you yourself are not comfortable with your
blindness, you would be better off not teaching it.  Rebecca, I'm not saying
you are or are nnot, I'm saying  blind peeps in general.

When Gab was in elementary school, I accompanied her to every single field
trip, every single luncheon for parents, every play,  and I had a great
time.  After the first  few months, I just became a no body except the
classroom helper.
All of those kids are there to learn and in my book, I am there to help them
along!