[blparent] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Online Survey for People who are Blind

Robert Shelton rshelton1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 13:34:52 UTC 2013

Here you go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Cindy Bennett (by way of David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:33 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Online Survey for People who are Blind

 From Federationist in Washington State:  Dave

Hello,

I am on a research team at the University of Washington, and we are studying
barriers that people who are blind and low vision encounter on a daily
basis, and the strategies they use to overcome these barriers. We are also
studying current technology usage. We have developed a short, 20 minute,
survey asking questions relevant to the above research questions and are
seeking participants to respond.
Participants must be blind or low vision and at least 18 years of age.
If you fill out our survey, you will have the opportunity to enter into a
drawing to win 1 of 5 $20 Amazon gift cards.

The survey can be found at
https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/jrporter/207493

All of the questions on this survey are completely voluntary. You may choose
to stop the survey at any time by closing your internet browser and none of
your responses will be saved. You may also choose to skip any question that
you do not wish to answer. You will not be treated differently based on how
much you choose to respond or whether you choose to take the survey at all.

Survey responses will be kept confidential, and any identifying information
gathered for the gift card drawing will be kept separate from survey

We value your responses. They are vital  in assisting us to inform research
ideas and the design of technology that aligns more closely to the
preferences of people who are blind and low vision. So please pass this
survey around your network.

If you have any questions about this research, please contact John Porter,
another member of our research team, at jrporter at uw.edu.

Thank you.

Cynthia

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com