[blparent] Guide dog questions

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 25 13:48:23 UTC 2013

FYI: I had three labs and one sheppherd. All but one (Mad Maxx) worked well
and were great in the situation I was in at the time. My first dog, Nuggett
was ideal for the classroom setting I was in. ****Getting me through four
years of college and one year of graduate school and also being with me when
I was teaching voice lessons @ Glen Brook North highschool with over 30
private students.

Then, I got Schnider, a black lab who was ideal when I started doing more
and more night travel. ****Sining with various opera companies and being out
until after midnigt waiting for the train @Union Station in Chicago.**** He,
not that I really advocate this, was very protective of me. Mad Maxx only
lasted one month. Duke, my sheppert, was great but because of too many
changes too fast, didn't adjust to California living when I came out here
after being @Lions World for the Blind (LWSB) in Littlerock, AR. Duke saved
my life several times while crossing a huge street called Harbor BLVD. As
most of you probably know, the German sheppard was the first guide dog.

Again, sorry for the long posts, but I feel I need to expound on this info.

Have a great day.