[blparent] Guide dog questions

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:05:47 UTC 2013

Yup, CA is highly regulated and this is one area where you see it.
Those of you considering dogs may want to read Cesar Milan's book Cesar's
Way. It's a fun read and goes into what dogs need. He says that to be
successful, you need to be a good pack leader and what that entails. He
likened being a pack leader to being president, the job looks cool, but not
everybody wants to do it.

I found it very comforting because I read his book when I was trying to
decide what to do with my second guide dog. He phrased the pack leader role
as being something a person wants to do, not a matter of ability. Having it
phrased in that way made it much easier for me to realize and then to openly
say "I don't want this job anymore".