[blparent] Marie Shareen was born on July 22, 2014

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:21:16 UTC 2014

No. I don't like this idea. I don't like it for a couple reasons. First, I'm
uncomfortable sharing an intimate story about someone who can't give her ok.
The her in this case would be my daughters. Neither of them can give their
permission that they want their stories shared on a public list. Neither can
edit for content or tone. I wouldn't want my mom sharing her birth story
with me without giving me the opportunity and ability to have input, so I'm
not going to do it to somebody else.
I am also uncomfortable with the value judgement of what is or is not deemed
"interesting". Both my girls were born in hospitals. Both were very special
because we welcomed two people who have made contributions to the world,
contributions that only they can make. Having a baby at home doesn't make
that story or that baby any more special. It's just different.