[blparent] Walking with Children while Using a White Cane

Nevzat Adil nevzatadil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:56:16 UTC 2014

My daughter is eleven and we sometimes need to hold hands while
walking especially when crossing, in crouded or noisy places. In quiet
and familiar areas she just walks behind or beside me. I don't like
her walking in front in case I trip her with my cane. Carrying a
conversation helps in keeping  track of her. If I happen to veer off
somewhat she would verbally tell me. She also tells me to duck when
there are overhanging branches to avoid. We do all this and especially
the ducking part with a sense of humor.