[blparent] Two babies to car seats

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:17:35 UTC 2014

		I'm going to say this because it hasn't been said, and I'm
thinking it needs to be.
Melissa, you have as much right to enjoy your baby as your sister does to
work. What I'm saying is that while it may be "like having twins", it isn't.
You can love your niece as much as anybody. It doesn't mean you need to care
for her day after day.
You've posted several times on this issue, which makes me think this isn't
easy to resolve. I'm confident that if this really was a situation you
enjoyed, you'd resolve it. You'd enjoy watching the kids play and not really
feel much need to go out. Or, you'd have stuff nearby you could easily get
to. You'd have moms you could tag up with to go do stuff with.
My point is, I think you're working too hard to solve a problem that isn't
yours to solve.
If you want to focus your attention on your baby, do that. If you want to
take your baby to places and not worry about two kids, do that. Tell your
sister that you will no longer be providing childcare for your niece, and
she and papa bear will need to figure out a solution that doesn't involve
you.
Part of being a human is realizing that love takes all kind of forms. Part
of growing up is realizing when you're in a situation you don't really want
to be in and getting yourself out of that situation.
Part of our job as working parents is figuring out a childcare solution that
works for all involved, us as parents, kid, and childcare provider. It
sounds like that may not be happening with you.