[blparent] Head lice questions for blind parents or caregivers.

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Sat Feb 8 18:23:57 UTC 2014

My husband at the time, now my ex, and I unfortunately got head lice from a
public laundromat.  We both had long hair, and he had a full beard.  After
all we went through getting rid of the problem, I can say with certainty
that I wouldn't attempt it without sighted assistance.  I'm not saying it
couldn't be done, I guess, but it was difficult enough and miserable enough
with sighted assistance, eventually requiring both of us to cut our hair and
him to shave his beard because we simply couldn't get rid of all the eggs no
matter how carefully he thought he looked, that I don't think I could
possibly have done it by feel.  I wouldn't even put myself or my child
through the attempt.  If it happened again, I would go straight to the
experts, and probably straight to a short haircut.  As it was, the process
took weeks, and we ended up with short hair anyway, after endless hours of
combing, washing, spraying, picking, itching, searching--you get the
picture.  Ugh!  Good luck.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.