[blparent] lice

jan Ahmed jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 16:50:55 UTC 2014

This is what worked for me. We had lice twice and I have taken care of
my niece's hair once, as well.

Honestly, I have had to do this myself and I was always adverse to cutting hair.
The eggs can not live in an oily environment.
Olive oil actually did work for me. I would literally give  my
children hot oil treatments: with the cap on the head for a while to
smother the head. then, comb the hair out in the bathtub with the oil
still on the head. Comb for at least fifteen minutes. Make the
children cover head with hat or scarf at bedtime and even during day
and repeat.
It can be done. You don't need sighted assistance, unless you want it
for your peace of mind.
My daughter's hair was long and super curly and we got all of them out.
It is also a good idea to spritz with olive oil or coconut oil from
time to time.
some might say that this has not worked for them. But, it did for me
and was much less time consuming and more efficient than having
someone pick out the knits and complaining that we should just get the
hair cut anyway.