[blparent] Head lice questions for blind parents or caregivers.

Krishna Ramamurthy (DPPI Enquiries) info at dppi.org.uk
Sun Feb 9 22:29:04 UTC 2014

Don't know if these are available in North America, but in the UK you
can get:

1. Delacet: This is a natural product made from ticture of larkspur and
vinegar. It kill the eggs as well as the lice, unlike most treatments.
We just put it on and leave it on, though you are supposed to wash it
out. One treatment deals with the problem. http://www.delacet.com/

2. There are various silicone oil based products that work by coating
the lice and the eggs with silicone, effectively suffocating them.
Again, these treat the eggs as well as the lice. You need to be careful
that you cover all the hair with the treatment as it works by coating
the lice and eggs, so if you miss any they will survive as there is no
pesticide (unlike the Delacet).

Hope that helps.

Krishna