[blparent] Head lice questions for blind parents or caregivers.

Erin Rumer erinrumer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 03:36:17 UTC 2014

This is great advice!!  Thank you!!  I will remember this Vaseline method
should we ever get a visit from the buggers.

Erin

 [blparent] Head lice questions for blind parents or caregivers.

Please do not poison your children. As a former social worker, educator and
as a parent I have dealt with lice often so I know of what I speak. The
poisons on the market are getting stronger and stronger as the pests are
adapting and not being affected by them. The one thing that works one
hundred percent of the time is suffication.
Coat the hair and entire head (not face) of child or person who has ben
infested with Vassoline. it costs about a dollar. Leave it on over night or
throughout the day if you want to work on it during the weekend and then
wash out. The lice are dead and the nits slide out You may want to do it
again if you are afraid that there will be hatching afterwards. It is okay.
All it does to the hair is moisturize it. A word of advice: you will need to
use something like dish soap to cut the grease of the Vassoline for the
first washing. Olive oil also
works, but is more expensive and not as thorough.  Good luck.    Oh
and remember to wash and bag everything in the house that may havean
infestation. It is a hassel, but important.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Raquel Vega <diva_bear at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hi, this is real imbbbarrassing, but thought to ask. My niece and nephue
live with us. They came down with a case of head lice as I'm sure most
children do in turn infecting the rest of the household. I'm writing to ask
of any suggestions for natural  remadies to get rid of them. I've tried the
stuff on the market, but it works but not as well as I'd like. I'd also like
to know if sighted help is needed. I know you have to comb them out, and
wanted to know if you 'd need sighted help to do it or can you feel them in
the comb. This is all new to me, as when we were kids MOm just did it for
us. Any suggestions are wellcome.
> thanks
>
> Raquel Vega, the Divabear Rapunzel.
> Sent from my Google Nexus 4.
> 3 favorite perfumes, Rain, Strawberry Raspberry Shampagne, and Sparkling
Pare Glace perfume oils.