[blparent] Update my son

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:01:36 UTC 2014

My son potty training update.
I know it has been ages since my last post. As it turns out Myles has
chronic constipation with impacted stool. He is now 5 and finally got pee
trained about a month ago just before he turned 5. Unfortunately the doc
says he is untrainable for pooping until we clear his system and his
muscles heal. Poor kid I have chronic constipation as well so I really
knowhow he feels and it can be agonizing at times. He also has mild spd and
it takes A LOT for him to react to pain. At least now we know ehat is going
on however I am not comfortable with the treatment. My doc tells me we need
to keep him on stool softeners until he is old enough to make his own diet
changes to aid him. We tried to express our concern about dependency on the
drug but he ignored us. We have a behavior support worker who is looking
into what can be done for him. Now we have him back in pullups because even
when he passes gas he poops. At his age he gets embarrassed.  Anyone have
experience with either spd or chronic constipation?