[blparent] Roller-Skating

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Jan 7 15:57:03 UTC 2014

It's really too bad about the roller rink. I was going to suggest that, thinking sometimes they actually have walker type things to hang onto so kids can learn how to skate, and also that she could stay with you near a wall and hold on until she gets more comfortable. I'm sure you'll do fine on the sidewalks around your complex. It's funny because my daughter, who will be four in May, just told me she wants roller skates for her birthday. She may be a bit young... I'm not sure. I believe I was five when I started skating, so we'll probably get her some cheaper skates to start with and see how she does. She's actually been ice skating before and loved it. Please pass along any tips and tricks you develop while teaching Sarah! I'll need them so I can help Oriana.
Melissa