[blparent] updating and questions

jan Ahmed jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 23:20:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I know that I have not posted in quite a while.
I try to read many of the digests, but just have not gotten around to
post. Besides, if someone has already given my suggestion, I don't
clog the list with "yeah, that's what I think, too."
Anyway, I have a question about sewing.

I'm not a diabetic, but I can't get that pesky needle threaded. I say
that I'm not a diabetic because many people have asked this question
because they think that I don't have as much sensitivity in my
fingers. I can read braille just fine.
Yes, I had learned to sew in school. But, the art teacher always
threaded my needle --- how helpful was that???? I've even tried many
needle threaders and scotch tape on the end of the thread, but it
still doesn't  seem to work. for goodness sake, I just want to do some
light mending such as sew a seam or secure a button.
Any tips.

   Now on to our update. My little guy is now 2yo. I am testing the
waters of potty training, but not getting too serious about it yet. In
November, we all went to Pakistan to see grandparents. It was
interesting and the baby had a wonderful time, but we are glad to be
back. We spent seven weeks in PK. My oldest and only daughter will be
having her first in July, so I am slated to be a grandmother soon. In
my husband's culture, the father's mother is called "naani ama." I
think I'll be a "naani," (not to be confused with the word "nanny,"
for a while). the baby will have so many grandmothers, that I wanted a
short way of distinguishing myself.

Well, Thanks for the help, in advance.

Peace,
Jan