[blparent] Lockdown Drill at School

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Mon Jan 13 18:06:50 UTC 2014

So far, my daughter says she doesn't want to talk to the school counselor.
But I'm not sure she knows what all that entails.  I asked her why she's not
interested, and she said the counselor might be mean.  I assured her the
counselor would be a very nice person who would help her sort out her
feelings, if it turns out to be necessary.

We had a bit of hesitation going to school this morning, a bit of "I'd
rather stay with you" stuff, and I let her wear a necklace of mine but not
take anything else.  No calls from the health aide yet; it's eleven o'clock.
Fingers crossed.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.