[blparent] Lockdown Drill at School

Jodie and Kahlan motherconfessor at samobile.net
Mon Jan 13 20:08:37 UTC 2014

I kind of agree with Gabe in that I don't really care what they think
of us, but I don't want them to think kahlan is a pair of eyes or that
she's supposed to be doing an important job of taking care of her blind
parents. If anyone pulls that "you take such good care of your
mommy/daddy" bit, I will be annoyed and probably not be able to hide
it. Either that or I'll deal with it instinctively in my own way and
then be annoyed later. Either way, no one is going to be allowed to
continue to think the child is taking care of the parents. That's
unacceptable to me. I'm not saying any of you do that; I'm just peaved
that sighted people assume (a s s you and me) that even small children
have to take care of their parents because they're blind. it would be
different if I were an old woman and my daughter was like my age, but
definitely not now!

--
Hugs from Jodie and kahlan
"Gratitude is the elixir of life"