[blparent] Re, update on my son.

Shannan Zinck shannanzinck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 13:07:54 UTC 2014

SPD, not std. Lol it's sensory processing dysfunction. Has some autistic
characteristics and some afhd characteristics but not the same. Almost all
his behavior issues are based on his reactions to his surroundings. Like if
its too loud in a room he gets really hyper or yells over the din to make
it quieter. Sensitive to things like touch or sound in his case. Its a long
list of issues and then there's the seeker or the avoider or the one who
has traits of both. My son is generally a seeker but a few avoider traits.
Prone to meltdowns NOT tantrums, there is a difference. We are beginning to
get help now. He is still not trained fully either though its debatable
wether that is sensory related or due to his constipation. Weekly enemas
yikes. Not in this household. We decided to use the stool softeners and are
slowly changing his diet.