[blparent] bells on shoes

Jo Elizabeth Pinto via blparent blparent at nfbnet.org
Tue May 20 21:05:06 UTC 2014

Honestly, I assumed I would put bells on shoes because that's what I heard
blind people did.  But I never got around to doing it, and I found I never
needed to do it.  So by all means do it if you find that it helps you, but
don't automatically assume you'll have to do it, and don't just do it
because you assume that's what you're supposed to do.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.