[blparent] Experience at Babies Are Us

Tara Briggs via blparent blparent at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 22:22:41 UTC 2014

Hi all:

Sometimes one has such a wonderful experience that it just must be shared.
That is what happened to me  at Babies Are Us on Saturday.   I went there
with my husband who uses a power wheelchair, a blind friend and her
husband. We were testing out baby carriers. We wanted something that could
work for both my husband and me. The staff were simply amazing! They let us
take anything out of the boxes we wanted to see and they gave us tips on
how to use the carriers. They also showed us how some of the carriers
worked. When doing that, they would ask permission to touch me or my friend
and ask if they could guide our hands. The experience was just wonderful. I
loved being there because the staff knew how much help to give and when to
let us figure things out on our own. We ended up deciding on a baby Bjorn
and a sling. I just wanted to share my experience because it was such a
treat to work with such kind helpful but not in the least patronizing
people.

Tara