[blparent] Catbird baby carrier

Miriam mdffeiner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 17:51:51 UTC 2014

Message When I was looking to buy a carrier there were so many it was very hard to make a choice.  I like the catbird because it is easy to put on, there are 5 carrying possitions, and very supportive for my back. I can wear my babies up to a few hours. The two cons are that there is no good head support for a newborn baby. Also, when the baby gets above 15 pounds, if you want more back support,  need to purchase an additional belt.  which you have to lace through the carrierr.
This is because the belt that goes around your back that comes with the original carrier is more narrow and the additional  belt makes it thicker.

At the time when I was looking for a carrier the other brand that I really liked wasbeco. There is also a new carrier on the market that is the only soft structure carrier that has a good head support for newborns it is called manduka. It is very pricey but like I said a baby carrier is my most important piece of baby equipment. After my last baby three months ago, I got a gift certificate and I used it toward a carrier called baby k tan . This is pretty much a pre-wrapped wrapp. I got this because you can use the material from wrapping as a head support  which I really needed to have my hands completely free. The problem with this rap is that it is not  so supportive  above  15 pounds although the company says that you can wear it  up to 35 pounds.  This rep is cool because it is  already wrapped for you and and it is much more supportive than a sling because it goes over both shoulders. The material is also very soft. You can also wear your  baby inn 8  positions although, like I said I really am using it more in the beginning for the head support.
As you can see, I am very passionate about carriers. I don't know how anyone can live without one. But that's just me
If i   would've heard of the manduka  carrier before I bought my cat bird I probably would've bought that. But it wasn't on the market in the US