[blparent] spelling ideas

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Thu Sep 4 01:28:14 UTC 2014

Oh, great, you gave me another idea as well.  How about teach her how to
play Hangman, using her spelling words.  Tell her that she's about to learn
a new game, give her a minute to look at her words, then, hide the words and
play the game.  Have her think of one of her words, for instance, a six
letter word, draw three  dashes on a piece of paper.  For each wrong letter
you guess, she draws a body part.  Making it simple, you get six guesses
equaling 2 legs, 2 arms, a head and a body.  If you mis six guesses before
guessing the word, you lose.

Now, it's her turn to guess one of her spelling words.  You can use braille
dashes or any kind of raised mark for each letter.  As she guesses a letter,
she fills it in.  She is getting written and verbal feedback in a game.

Would this work for her.  It goes way faster than I've been able to explain
it, sorry about that.

Judy