[blparent] Homeschooling as a Blind Parent

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:26:47 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
Does anyone on this list homeschool their children? I have a 6 year old child, and I am planning to homeschool her starting next week. I have already withdrawn her from the school she was enrolled in and researched the laws relating to homeschooling in Texas and am looking into what method or sources for teaching her I will use. I would like to know if there are also blind parents homeschooling their children? I am totally blind and will be homeschooling her on my own as a single parent. Also, are there blind homeschoolers groups I could join for blind parents?
Thank you,
Misty