[blparent] YouTube video the right to raise a family

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Tue Apr 21 03:58:10 UTC 2015

Do you have a link?

While that incident had to be painful for the Missouri family, I hope they
have put it well behind them by now and moved on.  There will always be a
scar, and the unfortunate beginning will be part of their history, but
hopefully they've been able to focus on their lives beyond that instead of
remaining bitter about it.  Their little girl would be nearly the same age
as my daughter.  I remember hearing about their calamity the summer I was
nursing my baby because I would often hold her close, grieving for them all
and praying for them.  I've thought of them over the years and wondered how
they've healed from that trauma and managed to move past it, and if we'll
ever live in a world where disabled parents won't have to ignore the fear
that lurks in the back corners of their minds when their kids venture
outside the safety of their homes.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.