[blparent] Accessible ways to track diaper changing, feeding, etc.

Tracey Turri turri.tracey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 16:24:33 UTC 2015

It seems to be standard  practice in hospitals now that they require the parents to keep a log of every time the baby eats and soils a diaper. I guess if the baby is losing more weight than they think is normal, they can use it to troubleshoot why. In our hospital, I think it was because the newborn pediatrician never came into the room to actually talk to the parents. They required that the babies were taken to the nursery to be examined. As for how do you know how much a baby has drunk from a bottle, I had to pump a lot,  And I got a set of Medela milk storage bottles that were exactly 2 1/2 ounces. So if my daughter needed to drink a 4 ounce bottle, I figured out where the line for 2 ounces was and use the bottle to measure into a larger feeding bottle.

Sent from my iPhone