[blparent] Off-topic sidewalks I can't get through because of snow.

Tara Briggs thflute at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:34:17 UTC 2015

 Hi all, I am writing with a question that might or might not be off topic. The sidewalks from my house are so badly blocked with snow that I would need to walk into the street to get to public transportation.this concerns me because I have my 16-month-old daughter that I carry on my back and I don't really like the idea of walking out into the street with her.have you guys had any luck resolving this issue? I have tried the city manager who complains about how annoying the businesses are and then has his guys shovel it a couple times a year I have tried the mayors office who tells me to use Paratransittransportation.  I do not like this idea because you can wait for up to 30 minutes in the cold waiting for your ride. It would take me less time to walk to transportation than that. Addition, it's four dollars a ride and I don't want to spend that money. The other problem I have with it is you have to schedule it the day before. I feel I have a right to leave my house and take transportation when I want to. Not when you Teays paratransit says I can.I have now tried the disability Law Center who says they'll get back to you in a couple days.anyway, any help or suggestions of what you guys have done on this particular issue that has worked would be great!
Thanks
Tara

Sent from my iPhone