[blparent] email from school

Jo Elizabeth Pinto jopinto at msn.com
Thu Feb 19 18:15:49 UTC 2015

Then be very careful how you speak to the school and how you deal with them.
Do not make enemies where you nneed allies.  If I were the school
administrator who received the note you sent the other day with the
adversarial/hostile tone, and the spelling and punctuation errors, I would
be very concerned for the child receiving home schooling from the blind
mother who didn't have proper resources to do the job.  Part of the problem
might be my underestimation of a blind person as a sighted and undereducated
bureaucrat in the education system, I admit, but a bigger part of the
problem would be that I believed the mother in question was combative and
unwilling to work with the system and do what was best for her daughter.  If
I didn't feel that immediate intervention was necessary, I would be close to
it.  I'm not saying don't do what you think is best.  I'm just saying watch
your tone and step carefully.  We all have to do that as blind parents; it
goes with the job.

Jo Elizabeth

Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may
kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at
evening.--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.