[blparent] Baby on the Way! Now, Where to Live?

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 01:07:47 UTC 2015

				If you love where you are, then stay there.
What's right for you will become clear as the path progresses.
I've found it easier to hire drivers because you won't want to walk with
your baby or toddler in nasty weather. You'll be even less likely to do it
when the child or you is sick.
More space sounds great, but how the space is laid out is crutial. You want
space that you can use and be comfortable in.  For example, we used to live
in a place with a good sized basement. The problem, the hvac system was
terrible and only heated the upstairs. This meant that we couldn't
comfortably use the basement. We did look into extending the hvac system but
that would have meant giving up a closet. I mean that literally. We nearly
put in a pellet stove when we decided to move for that as well as other
issues. The lack of heat in the basement meant nobody wanted to watch tv
down there. It meant nobody wanted to play down there. It meant nobody
wanted to go sit and read a book down there. It meant that that a room that
could have served as a nice office didn't. My husband and I were talking
about this today and he had to concede that the house before the one with no
heat in the basement while being much smaller was a better house.
Schools deffinately matter. You are years away from that, and since you
rent, you can move anytime you'd like.
Bottom line, if you are happy where you are, stay there. If it starts to
become unhappy you'll know and can adjust. Many many people do this because
you can't envision what a child looks like in terms of lifestyle
architecture.