[blparent] In Over My Head,, toddlers

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Tue Jun 2 11:52:29 UTC 2015

Jo Elizabeth is absolutely right.

And guess what, as an older parent, I have also learned that your adult
children can drive you crazy sometimes.  I've found that being a parent of
an adult child can be harder than actually raising them, because you are no
longer the authority figure in their lives, and there is not much you can do
if you see them making choices that you would not make.  But at the same
time, it's all about the relationship you have with your child, and we are
very proud of our girls and what they are accomplishing.

By the way, you don't have to be sighted to play peek-a-boo.  Cup your hands
over your face, get their attention with your voice, then suddenly remove
your  hands like you're surprising them.  Or make a crack in your hands and
accompany with a fun noise.  Now, you're playing peek-a-boo with hands and
noises, and your child will learn to do the same.

For older kids, my mom taught us a game she learned when stationed in
Okinawa:  Paper, Scissors Rock.  You count to three, then place your hand
down in a fist for rock, flat for paper, or with two fingers out for
scissors.  Someone will always be a winner, since according to the game,
paper covers rock, or rock hits scissors, or scissors cuts paper.  Hand
games are wonderful, and you can always make up your own games of all
kinds..

Enjoy today.

Judy