[blparent] Car seat recommendation

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:47:03 UTC 2015

				Yes

-----Original Message-----
From: blparent [mailto:blparent-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Tara Briggs
via blparent
Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:42 PM
To: Blind Parents Mailing List
Cc: Tara Briggs
Subject: Re: [blparent] Car seat recommendation

Thanks for the recommendations about car seats. My current car seat can be
quickly put into a car and secured by a seatbelt. Do any of the car seats
for older babies meaning 20 pounds and up work that way? Thanks for the
advice!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 4, 2015, at 8:35 AM, Wendy Meuse via blparent <blparent at nfbnet.org>
wrote:

> Oh man do I ever cringe when I think of the car seats we used to have
> forty years ago.  You didn't even need to have them by law here.  I
> remember going places and just holding my daughter on my knee.  Crazy
> or what?  If I had it to do over again, things would be oh so
> different.  As for the baby sitting thing, Selby I hope you will give
> that a miss.  It just sounds like trouble to me.  I had that happen
> once and did i ever get ripped off.  It worked out ok for about three
> weeks, and tghen one day the mom brought her four month old baby for
> me to watch and that was the last I saw of her.  She didn't bring
> enough clothes, food, formula, nothing.  I had to go and spend about
> one hundred and twenty dollars for everything cause I didn't have a thing.
She brought little DDebby to me with two diapers and a half of a bottle of
formula.  I waited until about five that afternoon and called child
protective services.  Her boyfriend told me that she had packed her things
and just disappeared.  The child was not his so he didn't want to come pick
her up.  I felt so sad for that poor baby.  I had not had the baby for a
couple of weeks, and that day she had cradle cap, terrible diaper rash and
she was just filthy.  I don't think some people should be allowed to have
children.  My daughter was four at the time and whenn she saw me getting
little Debbie ready to bathe she started to cry.  she said, mamma, the baby
looks so sore.
> ooo I was so mad.  Cchildren are so precious.  I don't know how people can
treat them that way.

easily from one car to another.