[blparent] wanting Ideas on how to feed our baby boy of 6 months.

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 22:26:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

Whoa boy I remember those days. Let's see. I used to sit sideways to
the table with baby in the crook of my arm. You will have to turn
slightly a bit to scoop out of the bowl since it seems he's a mover
and grabber. Guide with one hand the spoon, and use your other under
his chin to guide the spoon in. You can hold a little arm down with
the arm that is under his chin. This is also a time of
experienmentation so I wouldn't worry about how much he's eating at a
sitting just concentrate on feeding a few times per day and gradually
introducing a variety of foods. You could offer a poon to play with
when he's not eating or on the high  chair tray with juast asmall bit
of food for him to explore. I also liked to give finger foods for them
to pick up by themselves like the fruit from fruit cocktail, grapes
cut in half, cut-up bananas (warning: they stain so make sure hes
undressed or dressed in something you won't mind passing to the trash
if need be. They're great frozen), teething biscuits and crackers,
Cheerios, and frozen peas. I love those plastic bibs with the wide
pockets on them too. They just rinse right off and air-dry.

Baby-led weaning: they usually will nurse until and gradually delete a
feeding hear and there. Usually, the day feedings slack off first.
Danielle