[blparent] wanting Ideas on how to feed our baby boy of 6months.

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Jun 24 12:02:23 UTC 2015

Have fun and enjoy your little one.
Judy

-----Original Message-----
From: Abigail Bentil Holten via blparent
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:55 AM
To: 'Blind Parents Mailing List'
Cc: Abigail Bentil Holten
Subject: Re: [blparent] wanting Ideas on how to feed our baby boy of
6months.

Hi,

My husband wrote requesting ideas for feeding our six months old baby.
Thanks very much to you all for the ideas so far.

Some of the suggestions are already ideas we practice when feeding him; Like
guiding the spoon with our hands and putting a finger under his chin in
order to help with the direction of the spoon. He's quite an active boy and
doesn't sit still for a sec lol! We give him a spoon to hold but it's a game
for him. He throws it down all the time. The finger size foods we give him
is duely mashed and banged upon  and I hold the plate in order to prevent
the plate from being thrown to the ground.

We've tried feeding him in his high chair and also from our lap. Some days
are better than others lol! But I must say he's very interested in the
solids we are giving him.

We're not frustrated at all and I'm in no rush to go anywhere, I'm on
maternity leave and have got nowhere to go. We'll just take it a day at a
time. This is all a process and we understand that very well.

We just wanted to hear some of the experiences others have had so we can
incorperate into ours.

Thanks and we'll keep all your suggestions in mind. Keep them coming.

Abigail.