[blparent] How do you start to explain people's unfounded fears toyour children?

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Sun Mar 15 02:20:46 UTC 2015

So sorry you are facing that.  The only thing I can think of, which you
probably already have, as your posts always make so much sense, is to find a
way to meet the boy's parents, and be as gracious as possible, and set the
tone of calming any fears they have for their son, answer any questions,
invite them over, giving them reassurance.

The thing you both have in common, and you can point this out, is keeping
your children safe.

Plus, they may get pressure from their son if he knows you and your daughter
are having fun when he cannot.

Are these parents you know through PTA, for instance, church, or regularly
see in the neighborhood?

I hope some of these ideas help.

Judy