[blparent] How do you start to explain people'sunfoundedfears to your children?

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Sun Mar 15 18:34:02 UTC 2015

What a wonderful post, and very similar to my experience.

When a new family with kids our girls' ages moved into the neighborhood, I
made it my business to introduce myself, and I never did have any problems.

I will say, though, that if any parents had any reservations they kept quiet
about them.

One thing we used to do is I would make arrangements with our dial-a-ride in
the area to take a group of kids to Odysey One, an indoor play park in the
area.  One of the buses could hold 9 passengers, that meant 6 extra kids.
And we had a ball!

I found out later that those trips really positively influenced one of the
drivers.

Judy