[blparent] large print books for children

Joanne Zucker jezu36 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 01:14:56 UTC 2015

Join Bookshare and then get the read2go app for an idevice or other tablet/smartphone. Then you can download books. You can get the font size you want and read it to your child or the app can read the book to your child. Bookshare is a program that provides books in the format for the print disabled blind visually impaired dyslexic. You will have to prove your disability I following certain steps. Then you can pay for the annual fee. Or if you're a college student or working on continuing education, it will be free.  The cost for a year membership is between $50-100. I don't remember, as I am a college student and have free membership.  The read2go app is either $10 or $20 one time fee. It may seem like a lot now, but when you consider the cost of buying book after book after book, it is well worth it.

When my kids were younger I used to read books to them from this app on my iPad.

Joanne

Sent from my iPhone