[blparent] Resources to learn hands-on about baby care?

Sharon Howerton shrnhow at gmail.com
Sat May 23 13:55:38 UTC 2015

Arielle, as the instructor for the Hadley Preparation course, I will tell
you that I've had many individuals take the course who are not pregnant. The
course is quite long and gives a lot of information about pregnancy and the
changes a woman experiences as well as the growth and development of the
fetus. It might help you to know about and understand some of the things
your family and friends talk about and are experiencing. I think getting a
doll unless you have one and borrowing a diaper and outfit could be great
ways to practice. It won't be like a wiggly baby but is something. One thing
we talk about and that is discussed in a book published by APH for blind
parents is that sighted parents and friends have concerns and worries, too.
So the short answer is that you are welcome to enroll in our Preparation
course and ask any questions you might have as I review assignments. You are
welcome to contact me directly at my home email
shrnhow at gmail.com
Sharon Howerton