[blparent] Herding cats and children?

Jennifer Woods jenn.purplepuppy2 at icloud.com
Thu Oct 1 01:20:41 UTC 2015

Hi Darrell,

I have never tried this because I am hard of hearing but I have heard people say that they put bells on the kids shoes.

I have a really high lock on the front door so that even if my son tries to open it he cannot get out. It is a lock similar to what you find in a hotel. I also have a lock on the sliding back door so he cannot open it.
Specifically it is a Pin lock.

Your daughter is not walking yet that is not something you have to worry about for a while. Mine is 3 1/2 years old.

There also chime boxes you can get put on the door so every time it opens you will hear it chime.

I think a cat is a lot quieter than a toddler will be and cats can probably fit through smaller spaces.

I also used baby gates when he was younger to keep him in a certain area those were wonderful. They have some that you put into the wall and there is a door that you open and can close so you don't have to constantly put it up and take it down.

I had two different parts of my house.

Hope this is helpful.

I am sure that there will be many ideas and suggestions shared  that you can pick from figure out what best fits your situation.

Good luck!
Jennifer