[blparent] Herding cats and children?

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:02:19 UTC 2015

			I wouldn't want a reporter and photographer in my
home taking pictures of me, my home or my kids. I'm not comfortable with
that type of visibility into my life, and I don't want it for my kids who
are too young to give an informed conscent.
If I were you, I'd meet the reporter to talk about your book, but I'd not do
it at your home.
All that being said, I think your aunt is screwing with you. She could have
gotten you in touch with a reporter if she wanted to.
That being said, reporters are always looking for stories. If you want to
talk with one about your book or anything else, call the paper. Your aunt
doesn't own access to the reporters or to you.
If your writing takes off, you may indeed want a nanny so you can write
during the day. Statistically, that nanny will be sighted, and if you want
childcare help or any other kind of help, then go get it. Your aunt is
reminding me of The Suppranos (I do miss that show) she'll help you but only
if you spend your money to do what she wants and hire who she wants. Trust
me, that won't end well